Saturday, January 2, 2010

Welcome 2010!

We had a fantastic New Year's Eve - spent with good friends & good food, and the kids wore themselves out. More importantly, the Hubband let me sleep until a ridiculous and slightly embarassing hour this morning. Which is probably why I'm still awake at 3am. Tomorrow won't be pretty!

I promise a *riveting* post detailing the laundry routine sometime soon. But for now, I thought I'd share my latest favorite spot in my house. This is a wall in my kitchen. Yep - it's pretty orange-y. I've had the ledges up for almost a year, and I change out what is displayed on them fairly regularly. What makes me smile is knowing that everything on these ledges (with the exception of the "Keep Calm and Carry On" postcard) was made by me. I took the photographs, I made the "how wonderful life is" thingy, and I made the silhouettes of the kids. I'm proud of that. Not only does it save me a ka-ton of money (as does having the photos printed locally {usually at Costco} and mounting them on firmer backings myself) but it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy to know that I have had my hand - literally - in every bit of decoration in my home.

There aren't a lot of things about this house that I can say that I "love", but I'm thankful beyond measure to have a home, and I am doing the best I can with what I have so that my children and my family will feel love and warmth and comfort in this home....in spite of the clutter and the dog slobber on the front window...and the effing hampers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...