Monday, January 18, 2010

TRIUMPH! {or something like it}

It was 3:30am by the time I went to bed on Saturday night ~ okay....Sunday morning. I had decided to start a sewing project....at 11PM. Ummmm, yeah. Trust me ~ I know. After {several} hours spent ironing, cutting, pinning, sewing, swearing, cutting some more, ironing again, sewing some more, swearing and swearing and swearing, etc. I had finished my project. Not only am I thrilled to death with it, but I think everyone who looks at it will actually be able to figure out what it's supposed to be. ;) BONUS!

Now, I will say that some of the seams are...{funky}. And since I wasn't a fan of the ties/waistband on the pattern that I was using, I chucked the pattern and improvised. So there are definitely some spots that are {far} less than perfect. Also, I'm sure I'll look at this one day in the distant future when I've become a bit more proficient with my %#&*ing sewing machine (I say this with oh, so much love) and be absolutely {horrified} at the quality of my workwomanship ~ but right now...I'm not gonna lie...I'm pretty ridiculously proud of myself! So there!

Today, the domesticity continues. I wore the lovely new apron as I baked cupcakes. And I'm still wearing it now as I'm making dinner. Yippeeeeee!


2 comments:

  1. 9 year old grandson Tom just saw your apron pix & said, "Hmmmm! That's pretty good!" See, you are VERY talented & more like June & Donna every day! :) Next is pearls with the jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had no idea you blogged, but I'm so glad I clicked on the link when I did! CUTE!! I think it looks great and I love your fabric. Hooray! (even if you were up so late...)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...