Tuesday, January 12, 2010

And Now for Your Viewing Pleasure...

I like to call this...."Holy *$(#! I {sewed} something!" I know ~ right!?!?!?!



You're looking at the picture right now trying to figure out *what* I made ~ because for me to be *so* excited, clearly it must be ah-mazing. You just had no idea that someone can be so ridiculously proud of making a slipcover for their camera strap. It's OK ~ you can laugh at me now. I'll understand...because I'm laughing, too. ;)

Actually, what *really* has me laughing is the memory of that episode of {The Cosby Show}...when Denise made the shirt for Theo and it was a total disaster. Bwaaaahaaahaaaa... I know I'll have that in the back of my mind whenever I bring out the sewing machine.

Yep, the first "project" tackled by my brand new shiny sewing machine was a camera strap that took, what, 10 min. total to make. Is it thrilling? Probably not. Is it perfect? Oh, LAWD, no. But I'm excited about it anyway...because my camera is no longer a billboard for Nikon (not that I'm ashamed ~ I do love me some Nikon), my neck won't hurt from using the craptastic strap that came with the camera, a tool I use to produce art now looks like it might actually be owned by an *artist*, and I MADE IT ALL BY MYSELF! ;)

And, thanks to a couple of very sweet and lovely friends, I also have a few patterns for aprons that I'm itching to get started on. So that will be next!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! It looks good...and for the record, I knew immediately! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Do your talents never end? :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...