Sunday, March 27, 2011

Gotta Love {FREE!}

See this stack of wood?


Photobucket


Pretty, right? Wanna hear a secret? All of this wood...every last chunk of it...was {free}. Seriously!


Photobucket


If you live near a lumber yard, give them a call & see what they do with their scrap wood. The place up the road from us tosses scraps into bins, and then they pull the bins out into the parking lot when they're full. They don't have to pay for disposal...and whoever gets there first gets some free wood. It's a win-win!


It's win-win for us, too! The hubband gets some clean dry wood to use for starting fires, and I get to poach wood from the stack when he's not looking so I can use it for projects! :) What's not to love!?!?! Now....to narrow down the ideas and get crackin'!


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! My hubby would be over the moon for free wood! We have a friend that is giving us free wainscotting for the kids bathroom and I thought he was gonna have a heart attack, lol.
    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I'm crazy jealous! Thanks so much for the tip!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...