Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cin-Fully Good Cinnamon Muffins

Ahhhh, Spring Break. A week off to enjoy the warm weather, bright sunshine, blue skies and green grass. Unless, of course, you live in Michigan. Our weekend was filled with a visit from my mom, a birthday party for a friend on Saturday, and the tinier of the tiny people's birthday party on Sunday. The weather wasn't so great over the weekend...but I held out hope that, Monday, our first day of no-plans, would be better. No such luck. It snowed. Actual accumulated white stuff on the ground...snow. UGH.




I don't know about anyone else, but when it's gloomy, grey and gross outside, baking something that makes my house smell {cozy} just makes me feel better. So late on Monday night, I decided to bake some cinnamon muffins. Just to warn you...they're not all that pretty...but they are soooooo good...




Photobucket




What you'll need:




1/2 cup butter




1 egg




1 cup sugar




1 1/2 cups flour




1 1/2 tsp baking powder




1/2 tsp salt




1/2 tsp nutmeg




1/2 tsp cinnamon




1 cup Hershey's cinnamon chips




1/2 cup milk




Mix together the butter, egg & sugar...




Photobucket




Dump flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon & cinnamon chips in seperate bowl & stir it all together (I used a fork).




Photobucket




Okay, now you're gonna add the dry ingredients, a little bit at a time - alternating with the milk, also a little bit at a time - to the wet ingredients, and mix.




Photobucket




Lie and tell me you wouldn't eat a big ole' spoonful of that dough. Right!?!?!




Fill muffin tins about 2/3 of the way full and bake for 20-25 min. and 350°. Check for doneness with a toothpick. You're a smartie, you've done that before.




Photobucket




I overfilled the cups and had to bake longer...but they turned out {cin-fully} good. ;)




You can feel free to brush the tops of these babies with a little melted butter and roll them in a cinnamon-sugar mixture if you want to. I skipped that step and I can tell you, no one noticed.




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh emmm geee! Need to source more butter and the chips so I can make these...soon! I <3 cinnamon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking everywhere for cinnamon chips! Where did you get them?
    Jo-Anna

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...