Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Silhouette & ModPodge...2 of my Favorite Things!

Today, I got down & dirty with the ModPodge and made this....

Photobucket

Out of this!

Photobucket

I found it on sale for ~ you're not gonna believe this ~ $1.08! {Seriously!} I was so proud of myself ~ I {never} find deals like that! Anyway... I hit the craft store and bought some papers that made my heart happy. Then I measured the blocks and used my Silhouette to cut the background paper to size & cut out all of my letters. I quickly realized that I wouldn't be able to see the larger letters well enough for my liking if I didn't put something solid behind them, so I went back to the Silhouette & cut out the black circles. I used ModPodge to adhere the background paper to the blocks & the circles to the backgrounds. (The blocks were painted an off-white-ish color on the sides and back, so I didn't have to paint anything. Bonus!)

Photobucket

Once that was dried, I used more ModPodge on {top} of the circle to hold the large letters in place.

Photobucket

A little more ModPodge glued down the smaller letters on the bottom of the blocks.

Photobucket

A layer of the good stuff over the top of the whole block holds everything down and gives it a nice little sheen.

Photobucket

And here's the finished product!

Photobucket

Not bad for less than {$5}, right!?!?! And...I left the Xs and Os on the other side, so I can use them next year for Valentine's Day. That's right, folks ~ this ones a 2-fer!

***Linking up @ 30 Days and Tatertots & Jello

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. You are so right "Not bad for $5" I love how they turned out, GREAT JOB! Have a great week, Vicky

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...