Friday, April 16, 2010

Little Girls are Sports Fans, Too!

You wanna know what's really {frustrating}? Trying to find "team apparel" for little girls that isn't grossly overpriced or pink. I mean, really ~ if our team's colors are blue & orange...or scarlet & grey...or red & white...why in the world would you slap that logo on a pink t-shirt? So earlier this week I took matters into my own hands and made some lovely bleach-spray t-shirts that have been floating around in blogland!



I searched online for the {Detroit Tigers} logo ~ gotta love the good old-fashioned {English D} right? I found a printable version on the Tigers' website, but it was made to be used as a template for pumpkin carving (how cool is that!?!?) so I kept looking. Lo & behold, I found exactly what I needed on Wikipedia of all places. It even had the logo in 4 different sizes, which was perfect as I knew the tiny people would require a smaller one than I'd need for my own shirt! Now ~ this might be considered copyright infringement....but the logo was made available by the official site, so they can't be too picky about what it's used for, I would think. Not to mention that I'm not using their logo for profit, so I'm okay with taking my chances. ;)


I printed the logos out on {cardstock} then cut them out and traced them onto {freezer paper}. This was the first time I'd ever used freezer paper and I was thrilled that it really does stick to the fabric when you iron it ~ AMAZING! Next, I took a spray bottle of bleach and went to town. **Don't forget to put something inside the shirt to keep the bleach from soaking through to the back ~ a plastic grocery bag works well!** Quick, easy, and {cheap} ~ as in $5 for each of our shirts ~ and we've got t-shirts for game day! WOOT! I showed them to the Hubband and his immediate response was, "Where's mine?" So...I'd better get on that!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! It looked so easy I gave it a try and my son LOVES his shirt. Everyone wants one... LOL... I guess I am now in the t-shirt business.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...