Friday, August 26, 2011

Little Artists

Earlier this summer, I sent the kids outside with some paint and paper, and let them loose. They had a great time, and it was fun to watch them paint and create. They immediately asked if we could hang their paintings in the house, so I set a couple of their paintings aside. This week, I framed one of each of their paintings.


Photobucket



I happened to take photos of the tiny people in these beautifully colored dresses last Spring. I'm {giddy} that the dresses go so well with the paintings they made a couple of months later!

Photobucket



I was actually paying enough attention and thinking ahead enough to initial each of the paintings on the back, so I knew which kid had made which painting. I framed one by each of them, then paired them with a photo of the artist.

Photobucket




And I'm {very} proud of myself for thinking to make hand prints of both of the kids before sending them in to get cleaned up! All 3 frames wouldn't fit on one photo ledge, so I chose to hang the hand prints on the slowly-growing photo wall in my craft room!

Photobucket




The girls are very excited to have their art displayed in the kitchen, and they love coming in and looking at their hand prints, too. :)


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...