Saturday, September 25, 2010

Be True To Your School!

A while back I posted about Tulip Fabric Spray Paint. This stuff is {awesome} and I figured I should probably come back and do a proper post & tutorial. So here you go!

I used the fabric paint (this time) to make myself a shirt with the BGSU Falcon logo. (The old one...the one they used when I was a student....b/c I'm nostalgic like that). First, I found the logo online. The logo was {tiny}, so I had to save the photo to my computer, then open it up in Paint (you could use photoshop, too) and use the stretch/skew tool to enlarge it. Then I printed it out on regular paper.

Photobucket

Next step was cutting it out. Be careful when you do this b/c you're going to trace this shape...

Photobucket

Next I traced the shape onto freezer paper and cut it out. Now it gets a little tricky. I wanted the falcon head to be orange, so I had to be very careful when I cut this out so that I had all of the negative space entact. This is a simple design, so it wasn't too hard to do, but more intricate designs with a lot of cutouts can be difficult. Once I had the shape cut out, I placed the freezer paper onto the shirt where I wanted it, and ironed it on. I then cut out strips of freezer paper and ironed those on around the template so that the whole front of the shirt was covered and protected from any overspray. I also put a piece of cardboard inside the shirt so that the paint wouldn't bleed through to the back.

Photobucket

Then I picked up the trusty spraypaint....

Photobucket

and sprayed the living daylights out of it. ;)

Photobucket

You could go lighter for a distressed look, but I got a little trigger happy. And here I am modeling the end result.

Photobucket

My team didn't win ~ it wasn't even close ~ but I showed my BG Pride anyway. ;) GO FALCONS!

2 comments:

  1. I am confused. Are you standing in front of a mirror? Why is it backwards? You need to explain this.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Mom - I'm standing in front of the mirror taking a picture of myself.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...