Sunday, May 22, 2011

At Long Last, {SPRING!}

Spring took it's sweet time arriving for good here in Michigan. We've had more rain than I can ever remember having ~ I'm talking every.day.rain. Blech! So I wanted something bright & cheerful to put on our front door ~ something to {will} spring into coming.




Photobucket




I started out with some beautiful orange yarn that I found on clearance at Michael's, which I used to wrap a flat wreath form.




Photobucket




Next I took some pretty scrapbooking paper and cut out my triangles...well, sort of triangles. I put a little {half-circle} thingy at the top of each triangle so I would have something to fold over the string. (I probably could've done this with my Silhouette, but I chose to cut them out by hand b/c there weren't very many, and I wanted to make sure that I got the colorful areas of the papers that I wanted to show.)




Photobucket




I put a dollop of glue on the back of the half-circle & spread it around with a {q-tip} to get good coverage. Then I folded the half-circle down over the yarn and used {clothes pins} to hold the flap down until the glue dried.




Photobucket




Next I figured out the placement and used hot glue to adhere the string with the pennants onto the wreath.




Photobucket




Super quick and easy. These wreath forms have holes cut in them every so often, so I just used one of the holes to hang it. You could use ribbon if you wanted, but I liked the simplicity of it as is. And it worked! {SPRING!} is finally here ~ so I'm a happy girl!




Photobucket

P.S. I'm late to the party (like link {#700!} late) but I'm linking up @ The Weekend Wrap-Up Party @ Tatertots & Jello!


Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah--I just saw this on tatertots and jello. So cute! I have an obsession for wreaths myself and I adore this! Awesome work. :)

    I've started following you. If you get a chance, please stop by! http://bcheniful.blogspot.com/

    Thanks!
    Brandi at B.Cheniful

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love the orange! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. link 700 tweeted by TT&J! Love the bright punchy colors and the flat wreath shape.

    -caroline @ c.w.frosting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! Love the cute fabric! Found you thru twitter
    Danielle @mysugarblossom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple & Stunning! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so great! Just discovered your blog and I'm a new follower!
    Jo-Anna
    http://aprettylifeinthesuburbs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. I make floral wreaths/swags in my store but sometimes people want something different than flowers. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute....smiles

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...